Patient Service Representative
Levin Eye Care Associates
Report to: Patient Service Team Lead
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for performing complex and multiple clerical support functions. The Patient Service Representative is responsible for a variety of activities related to patient intake and care. They work in medical offices and serve as the first point of contact for patients entering the facility. They greet and check-in patients, verify information and enter it into the system, collect payments for services, answer the phone, schedule appointments, and file paperwork. In offices that have a very large patient base, this can be a very fast paced job that requires a lot of multitasking.
List of Responsibilities/Duties includes but is not limited to:
- Greets the patient, verifying all personal information (address, telephone, etc., per the previously published Front Desk Work Flow document), method of payment and insurance, collecting copayments, coinsurances, deductibles and all past balances, when applicable, entering necessary information into computer system and providing any requested information to patients. Attention to details is of the utmost importance.
- Schedules all provider appointments, including scheduling and, when necessary, coordinating ancillary testing and ensuring pre-certifications, and prior authorizations are received.
- Communicates any expected delays to patient and ancillary service departments.
- Bumps, cancels and handles no-show appointments according to established process.
- Works with patients, families and/or staff in handling and resolving problems that may occur during the course of visit.
- Requests, prepares and ensures the completeness of the patient’s medical records.
- Collects and makes change for payments received, processes a receipt for patient and follows appropriate steps to record transaction.
- Compares daily cash amounts against daily transactions to ensure that records balance.
- Verifies and coordinates patient referrals.
- Proficient in the use of all office software and hardware. Effectively utilizes all appropriate applications of the Nextgen systems (or any other EMR utilized by the organization).
- Prepares accurate billing documents utilizing ICD-10, CPT-4 coding and managed care plans.
- Answers incoming phones in a professional, pleasant (welcoming) and efficient manner, handles and/or directs call to appropriate area and places outgoing calls as needed and as requested by management.
- Provides management with insight and accurate oversight of the office practices and services.
- Maintains working knowledge of all office equipment, fax, copiers, including phone system and computers, etc. Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve any issues that arise.
- Participates in service monitors and quality improvement programs.
- Ability to travel among the various locations as needed based on organizational demands.
- Use excellent guest relations skills in all interactions with patients, contractors and visitors.
- Maintains professional and courteous relationships with co-workers, fellow staff and Physicians and/or Providers.
How To Apply: