Levin Eye Care Associates
Reports to: Lead Optician / Director of Optical Services
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting patients in retail optical purchases, adjustments and repairs.
List of Responsibilities/Duties:
- Assists patients in a timely fashion with frame selection and lens choices.
- Accurately prepares orders, paperwork, etc., no Optician errors or re-makes.
- Well versed and up to date knowledge of lenses, coatings, and multiple pair discounts, etc.
offered by Levin Eye Care.
- Reviews LEC and Insurance warranties, return policies, etc. with patients.
- Adjusts frames and completes frame repairs to patient satisfaction.
- Ensures prior authorization for hardware has been obtained by the Patient Service Rep.
- Stays current on optical plans being offered in the area. Participates in service monitors and
quality improvement programs.
- Responsible for opening the optical department on time and closing after all patients have left for
- Verifies that payment has been collected for Optical Sales before patient leaves store.
- Participates in physical inventories. Maintains inventory, both posting and physical.
- Proficient in the use of all office software and hardware. Effectively utilizes all appropriate
applications of the Nextgen and Optix computer systems (or any EMR utilized by the
- Understanding and knowledge of the managed care plan benefits. Ability to accurately charge and
bill patients and/or plans utilizing knowledge of ICD-10, CPT-4 coding.
- Conforms to all company policies and procedures including punctuality, attendance and dress
- Takes pride and ownership in success and image of Levin Eye Care.
- Answers incoming phones in a professional, pleasant (welcoming) and efficient manner, handles
and/or directs call to appropriate area and places outgoing calls as needed and as requested by
- Maintains working knowledge of all office equipment. To include pupilometer, lensometer, air
heater, salt pan, fax, copiers, as well as phone system and computers, etc.
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing sales goals.
- Ability to travel among the various locations as needed based on organizational demands.
- Use excellent guest relations skills in all interactions with patients, contractors and visitors.
- Maintains professional and courteous relationships with co-workers, fellow staff and Physicians.
- Uses excellent judgement and goal-oriented thinking in all interactions within Levin Eye Care
- Responsible for the overall general appearance of the Optical department and reception areas.
Maintains order and cleanliness of Frame Boards. Prior to office closing, be sure office is ready to
conduct business at time of opening the next day. This includes making certain that the frames
are organized and stocked (no holes on boards).
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate and necessary by a
supervisor to ensure the highest level of care for our patients and to support the success of the
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A.B.O. certification a plus.
Minimum Demonstrated Skills:
- Desire to further knowledge by attending continuing education seminars and optical conventions.
- Willingness and desire to learn by instruction from optical manager, coworkers and Physicians.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, visitors, Physicians, staff
and other persons during the course of the workday.
- Ability to effectively, timely and accurately complete data entry.
- Ability to keep pace with a high volume of patients while performing multiple, sometimes complex tasks.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively convey ideas and information.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work independently without constant direction.
The Americans with Disabilities Act requires that reasonable accommodations be made for qualified
individuals to help perform the required duties and tasks of the position. Please let us know at the time
you apply for a position if you will need any special accommodations.
How To Apply: