Data Manager/GIS Expert (Los Angeles Area) – MissionGO
Los Angeles Area
MissionGO is searching for a highly motivated individual in the Los Angeles area that possess extensive Data Management and ArcGIS mapping and analysis abilities, has an exceptional commitment to team success and safety, and can be held accountable for timely delivery of data
The Data Manager shall have responsibility over data collection in the field and be held accountable for storage, conversion, and delivery to the customer. The Data Manager will work closely with the customer and MissionGO crews and the Project Manager to ensure precise, detailed maps are available for data collection.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Cares about overall mission
- Has a passion for safety
- “Do whatever it takes” mentality to help the overall success of the mission
- Works well within a team environment
- Humble and hungry for exciting work at a startup
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as Data Manager and mapping Subject Matter Expert (SME) for MissionGO.
- Manage the collection, storage, analysis, and interpretation of geospatial data
- Serve as a liaison between Customer and MissionGO to include detailed coordination with MissionGO crews and customer GIS Teams to ensure requirements are clearly understood and the plan/schedule to deliver products is executed properly.
- Establish realistic goals and plans to meet or exceed project deliverables.
- Continually analyze and streamline current data workflows to improve efficiency.
- Provide technical expertise in the use of geospatial systems and databases, architecture, and integration with enterprise systems.
- Evaluate, validate, and establish enterprise system and database requirements and design architecture to include software, infrastructure, data model and management, and interfaces.
- Train field crews in mapping architecture and use of map products.
- Provide technical expertise to determine map update failure reasons; log analysis, and GIS data analysis.
- Foster a culture of on-time deliverables that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Support the ongoing refinement of internal manuals, training materials, and systems documentation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree – preferred degree in GIS, Geography, Geology, or related field.
- US Citizen able to pass a criminal background check
- Problem solver
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Strong understanding of Systems Integration and defining scalable architectures that incorporate numerous, complex integrations based on a variety of technologies such as GIS, Web Services, Data Replication, etc. (5+ Years)
- Proficient in ArcGIS Server and related Esri technologies (including ArcGIS 10.8, ArcGIS Monitor, SDE) deployed in Virtual or Cloud Environment (5+ Years)
- Proficient in System Performance Tuning and Application Instrumentation (5+ Years)
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with various map file formats including .cpg, .dbf, .prj, .sbn, .sbx, .shp, .shx, .XML
- Ability to engage with customer on project requirements
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or nontechnical project managers or customers
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies / Scrum (2+ Years)
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and implementation patterns within Esri technologies (1+ Years)
- Expertise in Map Tiling / Caching (1+ Years)
- Optional expertise in Python and Java programming, Eclipse IDE (1+ Years)
- Optional expertise in ETL tools, familiarity with the FME ETL tool specifically (1+ Years)
- 40-hour work week
- Salaried Position
- Some travel required outside the area of southern California.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually louder than a traditional office environment.
In addition to a competitive salary, MissionGO offers a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart and we look forward to you learning more about us.
How To Apply: