Asset Manager Associate
War Horse Cities
War Horse Cities is committed to supporting and participating in vibrant urban communities – which we do by building exciting urban environments that are economically and environmentally sustainable. Hand in hand with the communities we serve, we invest our time, skills and resources in programming spaces, developing real estate and creating philanthropic initiatives for long-term positive impact. War Horse Cities owns and develops a variety of project types including office, retail, multi-family residential, commercial, hotel, single-family residential, restaurant, riparian/marina and public facilities.
This role will require close interaction and collaboration with company leadership, acquisitions, accounting, and external operating partners, maximizing the performance and value of the Company’s portfolio of real estate and operating assets. Working out of our Baltimore office, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in all asset management functions across our rapidly growing portfolio, including formulating and executing short-term and long-term asset strategies.
• Assist and contribute on all aspects of War Horse’s asset management activities including portfolio operations, construction projects, financing, investor relations, leasing, and disposition decisions.
• Contribute to both property-level and portfolio-level financial analysis which can be utilized to inform strategic decision-making.
• Organization, creation and updating of portfolio management resources including financial models, Excel workbooks, stacking plans, lease files etc.
• Responsible for accurate completion and submission of municipal/state/federal regulatory and compliance forms, as necessary, including permit & license applications, grant proposals, agency registrations, etc.
• Conduct and participate in field meetings related to operations of the management team, ongoing construction projects, and/or leasing & lender tours.
• Assist the implementation and execution of each individual projects’ branding, marketing plans and leasing strategy.
• Assist in due diligence and underwriting of potential new acquisitions.
• Digest and prepare comments of 3rd-party-prepared financial reporting, including income statements, balance sheets, labor & payroll, delinquency, leading, and detailed variance reports.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
• A Bachelor of Arts or Science from an accredited college or university with an emphasis on real estate, business management, finance, accounting, and/or economics required.
• 3-5 years real estate, finance, accounting and/or analytical experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with demonstrated skills in Excel financial modeling; experience using Argus Enterprise and Yardi is a plus.
• Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills with the ability to multitask.
• Strong work ethic, enthusiastic, proactive, well organized and mature.
• Quality interpersonal skills with a strong desire to learn and succeed.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to work well with direct and cross-functional teams as a collaborator.
War Horse offers competitive salaries, benefits package and attractive bonus incentive opportunities. If you are interested in becoming an integral part of a growing, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, and dynamic organization where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
War Horse Cities is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity.
How To Apply: